An announcement was made at the Eurogamer Expo keynote early this morning that Star Wars the Old Republic will be released December 20th 2011 here in the states and December 22nd in Europe. Bioware Co-Founder Dr. Muzyka thanked the fans for their continued support and patience stating, “This is an incredible moment for everyone at BioWare and our partners at LucasArts who have dedicated their lives to build this extraordinary game. We appreciate the patience from the millions of fans who have been waiting for the game’s release.”
Details on subscription fees were announced also. With the purchase of SWTOR you will get 30 days subscription time followed by monthly subscription fees. People who pre-ordered SWTOR will receive their early access code from starwarstheoldrepublic.com .
- $14.99 for 1 month
- $13.99 for 3 months ($41.97 one time charge)
- $12.99 for 6 months ($77.94 one time charge)
I thought I would be much more excited about this announcement, but with the overwhelming holiday season releases, I fear I won’t be able to give SWTOR the time it deserves. Let’s hope SWTOR is all it’s promised to be and that the wait was worth it. See you in December.
Latest posts by Burke (see all)
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Rushing Class Setup. Rushin Attack! - February 21, 2015
- Market Fresh Indies. Super Slam Dunk Touchdown - February 20, 2015
- Market Fresh Indies. Magnetic: Cage Closed - February 20, 2015