Ok. For real. I was told to cover some E3 today, and I am. The most important part of E3 this year that is. Well…to me and some other crazy portal masters!
We get our first look at the official Skylanders: Giants trailer, not the little ”Something Big is coming” snippet. With a host of new characters coming out, the trailer shows 4 of the upcoming NEW Skylanders : Tree Rex, Bouncer, Jet-Vac and Pop Fizz.
What we DO know about Giants is this:
- Level Cap boosted from 10 to 15
- All of the original characters will be re-released in new poses
- 8 to 16 Giants will be released
- 8 to 12 new regular Skylanders will make an appearnce
- You will still need to swap Skylanders, especially Giants because their huge size won’t allow traversal into certain areas
- The Giants light up and the portal recharges their batteries!
- PvP returns with a new Ring Out mode, probably akin to Smash Bros in play style
- You can pre-order Giants on Gamestop.com for all platforms at $74.99 except the Wii U which is $99
As for me, I am super stoked and can’t wait for October this year. As my original collection is very near completion, I anxiously await getting to fight angry parents, wide eyed children and greedy scalpers for my chance to own all the new Giants. One thing I really hope gets included in the new game is online play of some kind. I really think that was the only portion of the game missing in the original that would have made it a 10/10 game for me.
So without further ado, I give you the Official E3 Skylanders: Giants trailer:
You guys also might check out the Skylanders wiki page for updates on all new characters: http://skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Skylanders:_Spyro%27s_Adventure_Wiki
-Portal Master Nic