Konami has been hard at work trying to get gamers back in the Metal Gear saddle by updating Metal Gear Solid 4 with an upcoming patch and giving PlayStation 3 trophy hunters one more reason to put MGS4 back in their PS3′s.
The patch that Konami says will be released on August 6th will eliviate those pesky lengthy installation screens between each chapter and will be followed by a complete set of PlayStation 3 trophies. Many of you may remember that PS3 trophies didn’t come into affect until soon after MGS 4‘s release in 2008, and I just assumed the game would never get them. A semi-complete list can be found at Playstation.Blog, but here are a few of my favorites:
- You Enjoy All The Killing, That’s Why - Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited. (Bronze)
- You’re Pretty Good - Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle. (Silver)
Unfortunately I don’t think my save files will automatically show these trophies as complete, meaning I’ll have to put in a ton of hours into Metal Gear Solid 4…again. Thank Hideo Kojima for making a game I won’t mind sinking my teeth back into while I wait for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
Back to the Farm.
Latest posts by Burke (see all)
- Microsoft Rethinks Its Xbox One Policies - June 19, 2013
- Metal Gear Solid V Extended E3 Gameplay Trailer - June 18, 2013
- The Arcade Spaghetti Western, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - June 15, 2013