Saints Row: The Third‘s first mission based DLC has arrived and conveniently so has this review.
Genki Bowl VII is here to deliver more pain for Saints Row: The Third. For 560 Microsoft points ($7.99 in real moneys) you can have 4 added “mini-games” and 3 new homies. Every “mini-game” has two missions and is as explosive and exploitive as you’d expect it to be.
- Apocalypse Genki is essentially Super Ethical Reality Climax, it’s just enough to get you excited for the what’s in store next.
- Super Ethical PR Opportunity is an escort mission where you take Professor Genki himself from the airport to a “meet and greet” of sorts at the local Let’s Pretend. Professor Genki is hilarious, he was always punching random citizens when I would pick him up. His car, which you receive for completing the missions, charges up 4 flame throwers on the vehicle that charges up by hitting people on the sidewalk. The more damage you do, the more pleased Genki is with you.
- Sexy Kitten Yarngasm is the Mayhem mission where you destroy as much sh*t in your way as possible. The more things you destroy in a row, the bigger combo you get, and the more subsequent points you earn. Maybe one of the more frustrating games because apparently yarn is a difficult material to roll around. It’s no American Gladiators cage ball…thing.
- Sad Panda Skyblazing is a completely new game. Sky dive through burning rings, blow up ethical tiger hot air balloons, land on rooftops to chainsaw unsuspecting mascots, then blast yourself off the roof via a cannon. You know, normal day to day stuff.
If you just can’t get enough Saints Row, these added missions are well worth your time and money.
Saints Row: The Third’s Genki Bowl VII scores a B+.
Latest posts by Burke (see all)
- Metal Gear Solid V Extended E3 Gameplay Trailer - June 18, 2013
- The Arcade Spaghetti Western, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - June 15, 2013
- Microsoft Has the Perfect Console for Those Without Internet. - June 12, 2013