The Walking Dead Vol. 13 Review
“Too Far Gone”
I managed to finally pick up volume 13 of The Walking Dead, and after I finished reading it, I was really excited to talk about it. But I’ve been scanning my brain on how I can bring up events in this volume without spoiling it for people who haven’t read this far into the series. And if you haven’t read this series at all…where have you been? So after minutes of contemplation I decided putting certain events into bullets would be the best choice of action. If you really want no idea of even the basics I suggest you stop reading.
- The group is still in good standing with the community.
- Rick has an altercation with one of the fathers in the community.
- The community with the group finds itself in a similar predicament as the prison.
- And Rick soon finds himself back in a position he thought he never wanted again.
I hope that wasn’t too painful. During the incident later in the issue where the group is back in the prison predicament, I actually felt genuine anxiety about what was going to happen. Trust me, the outcome is very fulfilling and feels genuinely rewarding. This issue hits on the regular stress of living among the dead as many of The Walking Dead issues have in the past, but nothing really new arises.
Get out to your local comic book store and pick up volume 13 since 14 is already on shelves. I’ll be finishing up 14 soon, see you then.
Latest posts by Burke (see all)
- Good Reads: Lady Sif in Journey into Mystery - May 19, 2013
- 4A Games Developers Work Conditions Like Other Ukrainian Work Conditions - May 16, 2013
- The Morning Brewski: Krieg and the Metro - May 14, 2013