Attempting to break into the tangible figure + video game market, Disney has officially announced Infinity. Basically, it’s Skylanders with Disney flavor. So as the resident Skylanders Guru, I thought I would talk a little bit about what this means.
Hopefully, a couple things are going to happen:
- It should not be totally lame: Disney has a lot of money, so they should be able to hire a team of experts who keep the game from completely failing.
- Let’s not forget who/what Disney owns: Disney currently holds the rights to Marvel Comics and Star Wars, so potentially we could be on the horizon of holding our favorite fictional characters in physical form, and allowing them to be programmed and played by us!
- Holding out for hope: Now that Disney is finally jumping on the Skylanders bandwagon, seeing as how it’s Activision’s biggest money maker besides Call of Duty, maybe, JUST MAYBE, Nintendo will hook us up with Pokemon. I mean really, the potential is limitless.
So, barring complete and utter failure of this game, we stand on a precipice of exciting possible gaming futures. I really hope Nintendo steps up and gives me physical representations of my favorite Pokemon, but let’s just say don’t hold your breath. This is the same company who hasn’t listened to any fan requests so far within the Pokemon fan-base.
Check out the trailer and let us know what you think!
To Infinity and then the Farm!
Latest posts by Nic (see all)
- Double Team Podcast Episode 4 - December 3, 2016
- Double Team Podcast Episode 3. Our Favorite Pokemon - May 24, 2016
- Double Team Podcast Episode 2 The Creepiest Pokedex Entries! - May 5, 2016