So the Borderlands 2 Mechromancer just came out today, and literally everyone is playing as her. I mean, why not, she has an OP pet that’s floating Death. The real question isn’t IF you’re going to play her, it’s HOW you’re going to play her. The three trees you can choose from aren’t distinctly different, but they will greatly dictate how you’ll be charging into battle.
I’ve chosen to run down the “Little Big Trouble” tree with the rest stemming down the “Best Friend Forever” tree. Like my Assassin build, there are two abilities you must get in order for the build to be affective. First run down the “LBT” tree and snag “Make it Sparkle” as quickly as possible. “Make it Sparkle” essentially makes your Deathtrap a floating ball of whichever elemental damage you shoot it with. Later, down the “BFF” tree, it’s crucial you get the “Upshot Robot” which extends the duration you’re Deathtrap is active and grants a stackable melee bonus every time it kills something.
Below is my “Little Big Trouble” build, and I understand it looks sporadic, but you have to understand there are minimal points in some abilities because I needed just enough to get essential abilities like, Make it Sparkle, Buck Up, and Upshot Robot.
Head down the Little Big Trouble tree first.
Little Big Trouble
- More Pep 5/5 – Increases the chance of elemental effect of all elements. +20% electric and +10% ignite, corrode, slag.
- Myelin 5/5 – 30% shock resistance and +15% shield capacity.
- The Stare 1/1 – Gives your Deathtrap a laser that sweeps the battlefield. Cool.
- Shock Storm 3/5 – A chain lightening affect of sorts that jumps from one enemy to another when you and the Deathtrap kill any enemy with shock damage.
- Shock and “AAAGGGGHHH!” 1/1 – Reloading your gun causes an electrical explosion around you. It’s that easy.
- Electrical Burn 4/5 – 16% chance for enemies to ignite into flames when damaged with electricity.
- One Two Boom 1/1 – Your Deathtrap shoots out an orb at an enemy that explodes for 100% electrical damage when shot.
- Make it Sparkle 1/1 – You two have already been introduced, but for reiteration, your Deathtrap does whatever elemental damage you shoot it with.
Best Friends Forever
- Cooking Up Trouble 5/5 – When your guns and ammo are full you regenerate health, it’s that simple. 2%hp per second.
- Buck Up 1/1 – Deathtrap restores 100% of an allies shields. I’ve seen it work, and it’s glorious.
- Fancy Mathematics 4/5 – +48% shield recharge rate and -56% shield recharge delay.
- Upshot Robot 1/1 – Your Deathtrap forever killing things, keeps it alive longer.
- Potent as a Pony 4/5 – +16% your max health and +8% to your Deathtrap.
- Explosive Clap 1/1 – Deathtrap claps and causes an explosion in front of him damaging all enemies around him. You’ll thank me later for this one.
- Made of Sterner Stuff 3/5 – You and your Deathtrap gain +3% damage reduction and your Deathtrap gains +9% melee damage.
I didn’t run down the Ordered Chaos tree because as cool as “Anarchy” sounds, I really don’t understand it, nor do I see the positives presented by it. There are too many negatives after gaining positive attributes. Maybe it’s crazy powerful, I don’t know, but what I do know is that the Deathtrap is OP right now so I’m going to put points into a tree that make it even more OP.
Back to the Farm.
Latest posts by Burke (see all)
- 4A Games Developers Work Conditions Like Other Ukrainian Work Conditions - May 16, 2013
- The Morning Brewski: Krieg and the Metro - May 14, 2013
- Unboxing the OUYA - May 10, 2013