Nic laid out the groundwork for a turret heavy Commando build for Borderlands 2 yesterday, now it’s my turn to give you the high risk/high reward Assassin melee build. This build puts you right in the middle of the action and in the face of danger every time you’re in a skirmish, so put on your heaviest shield and your strongest shotgun and may your enemies blood mist upon your mask.
This is not a conservative build, this build is meant for you to deal massive amounts of melee damage, and doesn’t put any points into “Sniping” at all. If you want to snipe as Zer0, this build is not for you. Ignore the Sniping tree all together and begin your point runs down the “Bloodshed” tree. In this tree you want to get to “Many Must Fall” as quickly as possible because that skill is your money maker.
“Many Must Fall” – Killing an enemy with a melee attack while Deception is active causes you to deploy another holographic decoy, re-stealth, and add time to Deception’s duration. You can do this multiple times in succession.
I’ll explain why that is so important after you read the completed skill tree list, and remember to complete the Bloodshed tree first. Here’s the rundown:
- Iron Hand 5/5 - +15% melee damage, +15% max health
- Killing Blow 5/5 - deal +500% melee damage to enemies with low HP. This is an important one with “Many Must Fall”.
- Execute 1/1 - 3 meter melee dash attack for increased damage
- Backstab 5/5 - +40% melee damage to enemies with their backs to you
- Resurgence 5/5 - killing an enemy with melee restores 20% HP
- Like the Wind 4/5 - 12% melee/gun damage while moving
- Many Must Fall 1/1.
- Counter Strike 5/5 - After getting hit, next melee deals +250% melee damage
- Ambush 5/5 – +20% damage when attacking an enemies back or when they are targeting something else
- Death Mark 1/1 - melee damage marks target for 8 sec. Target takes 20% damage from all sources. See, even you can be a team player with this one.
- Rising Shot 5/5 - Each successful ranged or melee attack stacks up to 5 times adding 10% gun damage and 9% melee damage
- Innervate 3/5 – While Deception is active you gain +6% gun damage, 2.4% health regen per sec., and +21% movement speed.